Scope of the Position
Directly responsible to the Fabrication Manager. Functionally responsible with all members of the fabrication team concerning day to day fabrication matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Start each shift on time and ensure all team members are present and assigned work in order of priority to meet on time delivery.
- Communicate with other lead hands regarding issues from shift to shift.
- Ensure paperwork is complete at each stage of fabrication.
- Periodically check the various processes in Fabrication to ensure they are running as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure any material found out of spec is properly identified with a red tag and kept aside for QA.
- Monitor the fabrication attainments to determine whether or not targets are met.
- Work with the team members and the Fabrication Manager to work on improving missed targets.
- Ensure compliance to all quality related policies, procedures and system requirements.
- Perform annual employee reviews.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Health & Safety :
- Monitor and enforce safe working practices in accordance with company policy and legislative requirements.
- Ensure proper and regular use of personal protective equipment.
- Through communication, make staff aware of any existing, new or modified safety hazards.
- Report known or suspected equipment or procedural deficiencies to the appropriate Manager.
- Communicate and make available information to inform staff of all new or modified safety initiatives.
- Assist in accident investigations, corrective measure implementation and facility audits if required.
- Participate in required training.
Computers Calculator LMM
Various PC Software Callipers
Squares Feeler Gauges
Protractors Go-No-Go Gauges
High School and relevant production experience is desirable. Ability to work well with numbers is essential. Good communication skills.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years production experience in an industrial environment.
- Must have good team building and motivational skills.
- Should have a good command of English, written and oral
- An understanding of measurements, tolerances, basic geometry
- Able to read blue prints
- Experience setting up of Fabrication machinery preferred
- CNC experience as asset
- Experience with Aluminium Extrusion as asset.
High energy level, good creativity, self confidence, time management and a good team player.